Toaster ovens are multi-purpose appliances that save space and energy without compromising on cooking quality. Maybe you purchased one in the 1980s and 1990s, but you won’t recognize the products offered today.
Today’s models do more than warm leftovers or cook frozen ready-meals. They use heating technology, convection fans, and even air fryers to offer home cooks more options in the kitchen whether they run a professional-grade kitchen in their home or have a kitchenette.
With more people living in smaller spaces and forgoing full kitchens, toaster ovens are more popular and useful than ever. You now have an incredible amount of choices from small, simple models to complex appliances that would make even the world’s most renowned chefs blush.
What’s the best toaster oven? It depends on the size of your kitchen and how you intend to use it.
We put together a list of what we think are some of the best toaster ovens on the market right now followed by a buyer’s guide to help you find the best appliance for you.
How We Made Our Choices
Many of the toaster ovens available offer many of the same features, so how do you decide between them all?
We made our choices by identifying the features, whether big or small, that make each one unique. Our choices reflect toast ovens that offer something different that might appeal to different sets of buyers.
In addition to finding standout features, we also made sure each item on the list is of high quality. We did so by looking at the wider features offered, brand recognition, and by reading both professional and customer reviews of the items to pick out any pain points that might exist.
What’s the Best Toaster Oven?
Countertop toaster ovens are no longer niche products. As we move into smaller spaces and try to save more energy, the market for small multi-purpose devices continues to grow dramatically. You have dozens to choose from at various price points and with a vast array of features.
Here are the 12 toaster ovens that we think are worth your consideration.
Oster Digital French Door Oven with Convection
- Single door pull opens both doors with 1 hand ease and convenience
- Digital controls provide precise cooking time and temperature to take the guesswork out of cooking
- Turbo Convection baking technology cooks faster and browns more evenly
- Two racks provide maximum cooking flexibility; This oven control allows you to slowly cook your food at a preset temperature of 150°F for an adjustable time of upto 6hrs
- Extra large interior accommodates 2 16 inches pizzas; Preheat setting gets oven temperature Upto where you need for precise cooking
The Oster Digital French Door Oven with Convection prizes its unique double french door design for ease of access and its elegant looks.
It’s a quaint looking, stainless steel appliance that claims to do it all. According to Oster, it:
Users can access every function via the control panel on the right-hand side of the oven. It features touch commands for three settings: pizza, defrost and dehydrate. To access the rest of the features, you’ll adjust the time and temperature settings.
Although the first feature that grabs customers is its quaint design, its energy use is just as compelling. Oster says its digital oven cooks using up to 50 percent less energy compared to a conventional electric oven.
Oster’s design uses less energy than a traditional oven, and it still offers plenty of cooking space. You can bake two 16-inch pizzas at once, a family size chicken, or as many as 14 slices of bread. It accomplishes this with a spacious interior outfitted with two cooking racks.
At the same time, the product is only 22 inches long, 19.5 inches wide, and 13 inches high so that it won’t take up the entire counter.
The oven also includes a 90-minute timer that automatically shuts the oven off.
Customers love the design and the toaster oven’s versatility. They recommend it for seniors who no longer have room or need for a full-size oven as well as for keeping your kitchen cool during hotter periods of the year.
Calphalon Quartz Heat Countertop Toaster Oven
- Quartz heating element delivers 40 percent more even heat and preheats faster (Compared to conventional tube heating element)
- Extra large capacity can fit a 12 inches pizza. Exterior Oven - 18.7 x 15.8 x 11.6 inch. Interior Oven - 12.5 x 13.0 x 4.47 inch
- 11 preset cooking functions: Bake, Pizza, Broil, Toast, Bagel, Roast, Defrost, Warm, Reheat, Cookies, Dehydrate
- High contrast LCD display for intuitive control of all features
- Included accessories: baking pan, pizza pan, dehydrator rack, and wire rack
The Calphalon Quarter Heat Countertop Toaster Oven boasts a traditional single door design and two knob functions to create a product centered on simplicity.
Although the Calphalon oven appears basic on the surface, it offers the versatility that we now expect from kitchen appliances. It boasts 11 pre-set cooking functions including:
A high-contrast LCD display provides access to all these features, making dinner as simple as the push of a button.
The feature that distinguishes the Calphalon appliance is the quartz heating element. It claims to deliver 40 percent more heat than other toast ovens. More heat at a faster pace also means it pre-heats in seconds. You shouldn’t have to wait around to start dinner. The oven is ready when you are.
The exterior dimensions are 21.45 long, 18.03 inches wide, and 14.76 inches high. Other measurements include 12-14 inches depth from the back to the glass door and 8 ⅝ inches from the bottom tray to the top of the cabinet.
The interior of this oven isn’t as spacious as others, so don’t expect to cook up a feast with it. It can bake a 12-inch pizza without a problem. It’s also suitable for roasting a chicken. But it features only a single rack, so it won’t replace your full oven if you feed a family.
Calphalon doesn’t just give you the oven. It also throws in some accessories that save you some money. In addition to the unit, it includes the wire rack, dehydrator rack, baking pan, and pizza pan.
Those who use the oven say they love the design and the power it offers. However, buyers find the small cooking space restrictive compared to other products. Either way, many think it is a suitable replacement for an oven for simple cooking exercises like baking a pizza or frozen foods.
Breville BOV450 XL Mini Smart Oven with Element IQ
- Smart element IQ: There's heat, and there's smart heat; Element IQ transfers heat intelligently across 4 quartz elements for precise and stable heat where and when you want it for perfect results, every time; Super fast 1800 Watt preheat gets your meals on the table more quickly
- 8 cooking functions: 8 cooking functions to guide you to perfection: Bagel, toast, bake, broil, pizza, roast, cookies, and reheat
- Not so mini capacity: Your mini smart oven fits 4 not so mini slices of toast, cookies, tuna melts and 11 inch Pizzas
- Backlit easy read LCD: Calculates correct time and temperature, Illuminating orange during preheating and cooking, and blue once cycle is complete
- Non stick cavity coating: The walls on the inside of the oven feature a non stick coating for easy cleaning
The Breville Mini Smart Oven is Breville’s budget model for people who dwell in small spaces. It’s for students, singles, and anyone trying to make the most of a small workspace.
When Breville says “mini,” it means it. The toaster oven offers dimensions of 14 ¼ inches long, 16 inches wide, and 8 ½ inches high. Its capacity is roughly that of an 11-inch pizza or a four-slice toaster.
When we deal with smaller ovens, we like to gather information on what current customers fit inside their personal ovens. It provides a better sense of the oven’s usefulness at a small size. Customers say they can put the following items into their oven:
- 6-cup muffin tin
- 11-inch pie plate
- 9-inch loaf pan
- 7 ½ by 11-inch baking pan (no handles)
- 9-inch square baking pan
It also features fewer features than other toaster ovens on the list. Its smaller size means it has less space for cooking elements. Still, it offers all the essential preset functions including:
How does this smaller toaster oven function?
Breville equipped it with what it calls Element IQ. Element IQ is Breville’s attempt at creating a sustainable heat transfer. It includes four quartz elements to help the oven hold its temperature and transfer it evenly across the interior for the perfect bake, roast, or toast every time.
It also features an expedited 1800-watt preheat so you don’t have to wait around for the oven to match you.
Overall, customers say it’s fit for purpose. However, people do complain more about how the toaster fails to toast evenly on this model than many other models. They also say that it continues to occur even when they play around with the settings and try recommended adjustments.
A few other issues come with such a small device. The dial that controls the settings is very difficult to read. Both older customers and younger users find it hard to make out the settings. One even suggested their willingness to invest in an aftermarket product that makes the dial easier to read.
Nostalgia Bset100Bc 3-in-1 Toaster Oven
Do you live in a small space or simply have a fondness for multi-purpose appliances? The Nostalgia 3-in-1 Toaster Oven satisfies both requirements. It’s small, charming, and comes in sweet colors.
Make an entire breakfast on one machine with minimal clean up with this appliance. The main feature is a multi-function toaster oven that toasts, bakes, and broils. It’s perfect for putting on a piece of toast for a quick breakfast or re-heating leftovers in the evening (or for breakfast, if that’s your thing).
To the right of the toast is a four-cup coffee maker. The coffee maker features a reusable coffee filter for minimal waste.
On top is a non-stick griddle suitable for eggs, sausages, or french toast. It also comes with a glass lid for making your eggs just the way you like them.
How large is this 3-in-1 appliance? It boasts dimensions of 18.4 inches long, 9.8 inches wide, and 12.3 inches high and weighs nearly 11 pounds.
The oven’s capacity is fairly small thanks to the other features. You can fit two slices of bread in during each round. Alternatively, you can use it to make a six-inch pizza. The toaster oven won’t feed a crowd and best suits breakfasts for one (or two).
In addition to the basic features, you’ll get an oven tray, crumb tray, and wire rack. All the pieces, including the griddle, come out easily to make cleaning fast and simple. The water reservoir attached to the coffee pot is also detachable for easy use.
What do customers think?
People who live in small studios, particularly in hotter climates, love the toaster oven. It takes up little space and offers a huge amount for the price. It’s also ideal for campers and dorm rooms.
However, many customers say it’s best for short-term or irregular use. The griddle isn’t of high quality, and customers say that when they use it intensely, it wears out quickly. Additionally, the griddle seems best for simple to cook items like pancakes or eggs. While there’s no reason you can’t use it for burgers or steaks, you may still be better using your full stove for those items.
Customers also note issues with the coffee maker over time. One thing to consider is that the coffee maker features a non-standard basket. You’ll struggle to buy coffee filters that match it. Some complain about the nylon filter provided because it doesn’t strain coffee grounds as well as the filters you buy in the store.
Baulia TO089 12-Inch Digital Toaster 33 Liter Compact Countertop Oven
- 🎛️ even & consistent heat for perfectly delicious results - it may be small, but it still cooks a perfect dish! The even heat technology on this convection bake digital countertop oven will cook everything to perfection.
- 🎛️ compact size with big boy features - This 12" compact convention oven for countertop is perfect for small kitchens, dorm rooms, or condos. Beautiful clear glass door and LCD screen. Who needs a full-size oven when this toasting oven does the job more conveniently.
- 🎛️ packed with 9 pre-programmed functions + timer - you can adjust cooking temperatures as you need, up to 450 F. Bake a pizza or use the roast function for meat, or warming function for side dishes. The 120-minute timer ensures you don't forget your gourmet meals in the small countertop oven.
- 🎛️ Includes all necessary oven accessories - this digital counter top toaster oven includes a non-stick multipurpose tray, cooling wire rack, rotisserie Fork & Axis. The oven itself is also nonstick for easy cleaning.
- 🎛️ small on the outside, spacious on the inside - there is enough room inside this toaster oven broiler to bake 2 x 12" pizzas, a whole chicken or two trays of chocolate chip cookies! Great for warming up food before a dinner meal or toasting some tuna melts!
The Baulia TO089 oven is the solution for those with little counter space but who still want their oven to work for them. It is a 12-inch or 33-liter oven, but the design focuses heavily on expanding the interior so that you can use it for almost everything.
Even though it’s a compact model, it’s large enough for two 12-inch pizzas or a rotisserie chicken. The wire racks also allow for two trays of cookies at the same time.
We love the Baulia toaster oven because it is compact, but it offers bigger features than some of the larger ovens. For example, it still comes with nine pre-set functions for baking, roasting, warming and more. There’s even a dedicated rotisserie cook button for chickens.
The oven also boasts 1600 watts of power. With so much power, you can cook and bake at temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. It even offers a longer time than most with 120 minutes on the clock.
A few of the other features we appreciate include the Hi-Q Intelligent screen, which solves the issue of interpreting the various settings. It also provides an automated calculation of the ideal time and temperature for the meal. It’s so simple that you can push a button and wait.
Even though the features benefit from automation, there’s also room for you to set up the oven manually. It features both time and temperature dials so that you can cook your food the way you prefer.
Other features we like are the insulated door, which aids energy efficiency and even heat transfer throughout the oven. An added convection fan distributes the hot air around the oven so that you can put two items in at once without adjusting cooking times for the bottom row.
The oven comes with:
- 12-inch broiling rack
- 12-inch non-stick multipurpose pan
- Cooling rack
- Non-stick drip tray
Customers love the digital display and the automated options that make cooking easy. They also like the baking and broiling options but consider the toast function to be less than stellar. However, many customers also noted that it bakes a pizza better than other products they tried.
Hamilton Beach Easy Reach Digital Convection Toaster Oven
- Easy access to food and countertop
- Easy to keep clean, food can't spill on door
- Digital control display: Simply choose toast, bake, broil, pizza or convection for more even cooking
- 5 Settings: Convection, Toast, Bake, Broil and Pizza
- Fits 6 slices of toast or a 12 inches pizza
The Hamilton Beach Easy Reach Digital Convection Toaster Oven is one of the simplest toaster ovens on our list. It’s simplicity and design equally set it apart.
Unlike other ovens with doors that fold down, the Hamilton Beach features a door that folds up. The door makes it perfect for narrow counter spaces where a door that opens downwards would otherwise fall off the counter.
The door doesn’t operate on a hinge, but instead, it rolls up and over the oven towards the back of the oven, so it’s completely out of the way.
Hamilton Beach says the design provides easier and safer access to your food. You don’t have to navigate your way around a hot door or hinge. You also don’t need to navigate removing your food while balancing your plate with one hand. It’s easy to slide food out of the oven and directly onto the plate.
Another benefit of the door moving upwards is that it remains cleaner. You’re less likely to drop or drip food on the door because you don’t have to transfer food across the top of it. You can also remove the door and the crumb tray to clean them when required.
Its functions remain rather limited compared to other ovens. It only has five: bake, broil, convection, toast, and pizza. However, Hamilton Beach offers the option to choose between the bake and convection function, which other toaster ovens don’t include. Choose baking for cakes and convection for pizzas and crusts that benefit from circulated air.
We already mentioned that the oven is small, but how small? The dimensions are 10.6 inches long, 16.8 wide, and 19.8 inches high, so it is still functional. You can fit a 12-inch pizza inside or a 9 by 11-inch pan. You can also toast as many as six pieces of toast at once.
At 60 minutes, the timer is shorter than other ovens. It also isn’t suitable for rotisserie chickens because there’s no space and no function. However, it does feature an auto shut-off mode to help even the most scatterbrained cooks salvage their dinner.
Customers love the oven because unlike other toaster ovens, it toasts as well as it bakes, which makes it a suitable replacement for a toaster. Some customers find it annoying because the default settings are 30 minutes and 325 degrees, so they need to reset every time they use it.
Cuisinart TOA-60 Air Fryer Toaster Oven
- 1800-Watts with 7 functions: air fry, convection bake, convection broil, bake, broil, Warm, toast
- 0. 6 cubic foot non-stick interior with oven light. Dimensions (L x W x H): 15. 50 x 16. 00 x 14. 00 inches
- Capacity: toast 6 slices of bread, air fry 3lbs of chicken wings, bake a 12-inch pizza or roast a 4 pound chicken
- Adjustable thermostat with 60-minute timer/auto shutoff, toast shade selector-timer.UC Cubic Feet: 3.249 lb
- Includes: oven rack, baking pan, air fryer rack/basket. Mc cubic feet: 3. 390
The Cuisinart TOA-60 Air Fryer Toaster Oven offers a new coveted combo: the toaster and air fryer.
Air fryers tend to be large and take up a fair amount of space on your counter or in your cupboard, so if you can find one that combines the two in one, your whole kitchen benefits.
The Cuisinart option is a popular one with plenty of reviews, which stood out compared to other brand’s attempts at producing the combination.
At its core, it is an 1800-watt, seven-function combination oven. Its functions include:
- Convection Bake
- Convection Broil
- Air fry
The exterior is 15.5 inches long, 16 inches wide, and 14 inches high, and the non-stick interior offers 0.6 cubic feet of space.
Cuisinart says it easily handles six slides of break or a 12-inch pizza. You can also roast a four-pound chicken or air fry three pounds of chicken.
Although the combination air fryer and toaster oven are unique enough, it also boasts a feature that customers would love to see on many other toaster ovens: a shade selector. Often, toaster ovens allow you to set the time and temperature, but the shade of your toast remains guesswork.
The shade selector makes toasting bread simpler and gives you enough confidence to ditch your older standalone toaster and truly save space.
Because it’s a combination product, it comes with more accessories. It features an oven rack, baking pan, and the air fryer accessories including a rack and basket.
Cuisinart is best known for its high-quality kitchen tools and appliances and the celebrity chefs who swear by the brand. Cuisinart was a favorite of Julia Child and James Beard. Today, chefs like Jacque Pepin and Hubert Keller use the brand’s commercial line-up in their kitchens.
Customers say there’s a lot to love about this combination oven and air fryer. The surface area is bigger than both the GoWise and Phillips offerings. People who are recent air fry converts also sing its praises because it allows you to. As far as appliance mashups go, this one seems to work perfectly.
Panasonic NU-HX100S Countertop Oven and Indoor Grill
- Revolutionary dual cooking technology combines induction and infrared heating for gourmet results and fast, flavorful one-pan meals
- Convenient cooking modes and 6 pre-set menus take the guesswork out of chef-quality meals
- Grill, bake, broil, Re-Heat, toast and more, from juicy charbroiled steaks, burgers and delicious grilled vegetables to crispy pizza, desserts and family favorites
- Unique, heavy-duty dishwasher-safe grill pan creates barbeques-quality sear and sizzle
- While cooking, the oven circulates the natural flavors released by foods to heighten the savory taste of umami-the Japanese word for deliciousness
Panasonic’s NU-HX100S differs from other toaster ovens because it veers towards offering an entirely unique product.
The Panasonic is both a toaster oven and an indoor grill. It accomplishes both by using induction technology and infrared heat to heat the appliance quickly and safely. It is one of the only toaster ovens to offer a legitimate grill setting. Most others only go as far as broil and don’t feature the technology.
How does it work? Panasonic calls their appliance a CIO (Countertop Induction Oven). The CIO uses both induction heat and dual heating to bring the temperature up quickly to offer the precision you need from a grill. The air circulates inside the oven to even out the cooking time and also distribute the flavors released from the food. Panasonic also added an airtight seal to maximize efficiency.
Panasonic took the Japanese-engineered CIO technology and made it suitable for the American market. It is less common to find full kitchens in Japanese homes and apartments, particularly in the big city. So, their kitchens require all-in-one devices like this. It became Americanized with the pre-programmed cooking modes and precision controls.
The cooking modes include:
- Combo 1
- Combo 2
- Combo 3
The “Combo” modes handle foods with different heating times, vegetables, and seafood respectively.
Panasonic also gives you insight into what mode you need for different types of meals. For example, to make beef steak teriyaki, you need a Grill High mode and approximately ten minutes to preheat it. Your meal is ready in only five minutes.
It’s worth noting that the size is much bigger than many other grills. Specifically, it is nearly five inches wider. The dimensions are 19.7 inches long, 15.4 inches wide, and 8.9 inches high. It also weighs 29.3 pounds.
People who own this oven love it and take full advantage of its one of a kind properties. You can’t make a bad meal with it. However, you should be sure to keep the manual because you will need to refer to it for cook times on a regular basis.
Breville BOV900BSS Convection and Air Fry Smart Oven
- SUPER CONVECTION TECHNOLOGY: 2 speed convection fan (Super & regular) offers greater cooking control. Super convection provides a greater volume of air to ensure fast and even heat distribution, perfect for air frying, dehydration and roasting
- PRECISION COOKING & ELEMENT IQ: With Element IQ 6 Independent quartz heating elements move the power where it's needed most, above and below the food for perfect results
- AIR FRY & DEHYDRATE PRESETS: Why buy a stand alone air fryer or dehydrator when the Smart Oven Air can air fry french fries and other family favorites and dehydrate a range of foods; Dehydrate up to 4 trays of goodness
- SIZE MATTERS: The large, 1 cubic feet, interior makes room for toasting 9 slices of bread, roasting a 14 pounds turkey, air fry favorites like French fries, slow cook with a 5 quart Dutch oven and comfortably fit most 9 inch x 13 inch pans and 12 cup muffin trays
- SUPER VERSATILE: 13 cooking functions to guide you to perfection: Toast 9 slices, Bagel, Broil, Bake, Roast, Warm, Pizza, Proof, Airfry, Reheat, Cookies, Slow Cook, Dehydrate.Voltage:110 120 Volts
The Breville BOV900BSS oven is the choice for home chefs who do a significant amount of baking, cook for large families, or throw dinner parties. It’s also perfect for aspiring food bloggers or small, home-based food businesses who need high functioning appliances in a size that continues to fit in their home.
The Breville oven combines super convention power with an air fryer in a brushed stainless steel package.
Super convection technology differs from a typical convection oven because the fan features two speeds: super and regular. The option provides more control over your cooking and allows you to work with even the most temperamental dishes from your home kitchen.
You use super convection for air frying, dehydrating, and roasting.
In addition to the two fan speeds, it comes with Breville’s Element IQ. Breville uses six quarter heating elements that are independent of each other and function to power the areas that most need the most heat. The elements allow each part of the oven to receive the heat it needs when it needs it.
The quality of the elements and fan are worth buying the oven, but in this case, the biggest selling point is the size. It offers one cubic foot of space, which is far greater than virtually any other oven on the market. One cubic foot allows for a five-quart Dutch oven, 9 by 13-inch pans, and a 14-pound turkey.
One customer says they made an entire bag of french fries and chicken nuggets at once, which you can’t do with a regular air fryer.
To accommodate it on your counter, you’ll need enough space for a 21.4 inches long, 17.2 inches wide, and 12.8 inches high-appliance that weighs around 40 pounds.
The oven also comes with 13 settings including:
- Air Fry
- Slow cook
You’ll access these from an intuitive LCD display.
If you like the power the Smart Oven Air provides but don’t need the size or some of the presets, then you might choose the Smart Oven Pro, which is the next size down and offers most of the settings but cooks for families of six rather than 14. However, it does not offer the air fryer.
Hamilton Beach Toastation Two-Slice Toaster and Countertop Oven
- SAVES TIME AND ENERGY: Toasts 24% faster and more evenly, reheats 28% faster and uses 73% less energy than a traditional toaster oven.
- 2 in 1 COMBINATION: Do more in less space with this compact toaster and mini oven. Bake or toast by easily switching cooking modes with the slide of a lever.
- TOAST 2 SLICES OF BREAD, BAGELS, ENGLISH MUFFINS, FROZEN WAFFLES OR LONGER ARTISAN BREADS: The top slot is 1.5 inches wide to accommodate up to two slices of bread or longer artisan breads. Reach the perfect level of golden brown toast with the separate toast shade selector.
- MINI OVEN CONVENIENCE: Fits up to 2 16" pizza slices or two personal pizzas, fries, chicken nuggets, sandwiches, chicken breasts, fish filets and more. The oven reaches up to 450 degrees F to bake your favorite dishes.
- EASY CLEAN: The crumb tray slides out and can be easily wiped clean. The oven walls, bottom of oven and glass door can be wiped with a damp, soapy cloth.
Hamilton Beach’s Toastation 2-Slice Toaster and Countertop Oven is a budget offer that offers a mini oven with a toaster in one small package.
If you want to save on space and don’t intend to do more than reheat food, then this appliance serves your needs.
You can toast two slices of bread at a time in the toaster located on top of the appliance. The oven fits roughly two slices of pizza.
Two simple knobs control the entire appliance. One controls the shade of the toast from the toaster and the other controls the temperature of the toaster oven. It heats up to 450 degrees, but you will need to preheat the oven for 15 minutes before it’s ready to use.
The oven comes with a baking pan that fits neatly inside as well as a removable crumb tray.
What are the big selling points? It’s perfect for dorm rooms and office kitchens because it serves two tasks but doesn’t get carried away in the details. It is also energy-efficient. Hamilton Beach claims it toasts 24 percent faster and reheats frozen food 28 percent faster than other ovens. It also uses 73 percent less energy than a full-size oven.
Customers stress that potential buyers should not overestimate the size of the oven. Don’t expect to bake anything taller than a pizza slice.
Panasonic PAN-NB-G11PW Flash Xpress Toaster Oven
- Double infrared heating high efficiency quartz and ceramic infrared heating elements are positioned in the front and back to evenly toast, bake, brown and reheat to perfection
- Precise temperature control: Easily bake piping hot fresh breads and prepared meals, an endless variety of tasty side dishes, home made hors d'oeuvres and more with a convenient manual touch button temperature control sensor
- See through glass door: The resilient, see through door is connected to the baking rack to smoothly and safely pull the rack toward you as the door is opened
- Clean compact design: The flashxpress toaster oven's compact design accents any kitchen décor or countertop
- Easy to use: The flashxpress toaster oven includes a square shape inner tray a perfect fit for pizza up to 9 inches in diameter or up to four slices of bread plus baking and removable crumb trays
The Panasonic PAN-NB-G11PW Flash Xpress Toaster Oven is a small, inexpensive oven that packs a punch. The big selling point is the heating technology. Panasonic included its FlashXpress Instant Heating technology in the oven for an instant-on heating system to save time and energy. At the same time, it still produces heat of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
We also like that you can take control of the temperature to cook more sensitive items and prepare your favorite foods precisely the way you like them.
The oven itself is small. It is 13 inches long, 12 inches wide, and 10.2 inches high and weighs only 7.5 pounds, so it’s perfect for small areas.
The oven features six cooking modes that are perfect for toasting, baking, and warming. However, it is worth noting that because the temperature reaches great heights, you should use oven safe bakeware. If you put glass plates in your old toaster oven, you might find they shatter in this one.
KitchenAid KCO275AQ Convection 1800-watt Digital Countertop Oven
- Even-heat technology provides consistent heat throughout baking cycle for delicious results.
- Use your countertop oven to bake pizza, broil a side dish, keep an already cooked dish warm or toast bread.
- 9 pre-programmed functions such as the Asado Roast Function to precisely adjust from high sear to optimal cooking temperature for superior roasting.
- 120-minute timer can be set to remind you when a dish is finished and offers plenty of time for the requirements of most recipes. Power Cord Length - 2-9/10
- Offers enough room to cook 2-12" pizzas, or cornish hens. The oven cavity also features a non-stick coating for easy cleaning.
The final product on our list is the KitchenAid KCO275AQ. KitchenAid comes with enormous brand power, and the price reflects this.
The oven features what KitchenAid calls an “even-heat technology” that attempts to deliver consistent temperatures across the oven throughout baking. It features nine presets including:
- Asado Roast
- Keep Warm
The Keep Warm and Asado Roast features are unique among many toaster ovens.
The interior offers a 12-inch capacity, which KitchenAid says suits two 12-inch pizzas or Cornish hens, which is also strangely specific.
Overall, we like the quality of the build. The interior cavity features KitchenAid’s CeramaShield coating, which is non-stick as well as scratch resistant, and PFOA/PTFE-free. We also appreciate that this oven comes in several colors. While most ovens on the list come solely in stainless steel, KitchenAid offers its product in:
- Stainless steel
- Cobalt blue
- Gloss cinnamon
- Onyx black
- Majestic yellow
- Aqua sky
If you have a kitchen color scheme, then you can match your oven to it.
The oven also comes with a 12-inch non-stick pan, a 12-inch broiling rack, a non-stick drip tray, and a cooling rack.
Customers who upgrade from other toaster ovens love the KitchenAid oven, but some find the preheat function confusing initially. You need to turn on the preheat function, wait for it to finish, and then hit start again to bake or the oven turns off. They also recommend keeping an eye on the oven when you try a new setting or food because it may cook faster than your old one.
Toaster Oven Buyer’s Guide
Snapping up the first toaster oven you see is now an acceptable method of shopping. Most of the appliances available on the market are high quality and contain the same baseline features no matter what brand or price point.
How do you narrow down your options to find the best toaster oven for you? We’ll show you the most important factors to consider in your decision.
Size and Space
Before you start sorting through the long list of potential toaster ovens, pick out the space that best suits the oven and measure it. These ovens vary greatly in size, and if you have a small space or narrow worktop, you’ll find your choice limited right off the bat.
Keep in mind that these ovens do heat up, and some may have hot surfaces. In most cases, a hot exterior is a flaw rather than a feature. However, you’ll also want to make sure you protect the rest of your space in case it heats up.
To combat hot surfaces, make sure you include a few inches on each side to give it extra space.
Cord Length and Location
Where is the outlet with respect to the potential location of the oven?
If it’s not directly behind it, you’ll need to make sure the cord is long enough to reach the outlet.
Do you have a narrow counter space? Check the shape of the plug. If the plug extends out rather than lying flat, make sure you have enough room on the counter for the plug to fit.
Toaster ovens come with mechanical displays, LCD displays, and manual knobs. No one display is better than the other. Each customer has their own preference.
However, look closely at the display before you buy the oven. If you find the display difficult to read or work out, switch to another toaster oven. Keep a careful eye on toast ovens that use knobs to change settings as some people find the small print difficult to read on some models.
What kind of wattage do you need for your toaster oven? It often depends on what you intend to do with it.
You don’t need 1800 watts to heat up leftovers, but it does give you a greater temperature range for a more versatile oven.
Choose higher watt ovens for more cooking opportunities, and a lower power if you intend to stick primarily to the toast functions. Be wary of what your system can handle. You shouldn’t have many problems in homes or apartments, but if you intend to use it in an RV or another space, make sure it is compatible with your source of electricity.
What You Intend to Cook
Are you a pizza fanatic? Do you love a roast chicken on a Sunday?
Some toaster ovens are better than others for foods. Keep an eye on what size they can accommodate.
If you make family size pizzas, then a toaster oven that accommodates only an 11-inch pizza is unlikely to meet your needs.
Additionally, if you are keen on roasting, then you’ll want an oven that offers a large enough internal cavity to fit a medium-to-large bird. You might even look for a product that includes a spit for roasting.
Do you intend to use it for dehydration? If your primary use is for flat trays or toast, then you’ll likely want an oven that can accommodate at least two racks.
Functions and Specialty Functions
What do you intend to use your toaster oven to make? Are you looking for an oven replacement or a stronger toaster with a baking function?
Today’s toaster ovens do more than toast, warm, and bake. You can also find combination ovens that feature convection fans and air fryers. These save space and allow you to own multiple appliances for the price of one.
If you are in the market for another kitchen appliance, keep an eye out for combination appliances. Some of these also double as some of the best toaster ovens on the market.
What accessories with you need with your toaster oven and how many come with the product?
Look for a package that includes the essential pieces needed to start baking. Also, keep an eye out for strangely shaped toaster ovens that require unique pan sizes thanks to the size of the baking cavity.
Even the best toaster ovens break or feature rare manufacturer faults or defects, so finding a toaster oven with a warranty is essential.
A one-year warranty is industry standard, but a two-year warranty is even better. Read the manufacturer warranty before you buy, and compare the coverage with some of the noted problems experienced by consumers as written in our review.